Monday, January 31, 2005

Such a fine ship.

I think I'm going to ask someone to draw the Filthy Whore.

That probably requires some explanation there. The Filthy Whore is the name of the ship the characters will hopefully be spending a lot of time on within the Star Wars d20 game I'm running here. I say hopefully because one never knows what other people are going to do in a roleplaying game. Especially a group of people who have never really played the d20 rulesystem. Their character generations were all a treat for me. I'm always amazed at other people when character creation time comes around. Alex for example is for all intents and purposes a mechanic. A really really good one who can also crack just about any computer system given enough time, but he wanted his character this way. He doesn't actually know how to use a blaster either, but of course he carries one on him... I mean it just looks cool. Becca's character on the other hand is shaping up to be every mechanics worst nightmare. Her character can take the parts of three wrecked things and make one mostly working one out of it. And quickly too. Or take one perfectly healthy thing and make it better in someways, and the others... well you didn't really need that did you? And Ben, well Ben is special in his own right when it comes to RPGs. As far as I can tell his character (so far) is a paper pushing beaurocrat who loves his job.

That's right, in a fantasy game, with the force, blasters, starships, and aliens, Ben made a red-tape flunkie who's idea of a good time is collating data. I don't even pretend to understand. It's there call though, if anything it'll be interesting. I'm just hoping the fourth person in on the game decides to learn how to fight. Or the fifth if they don't. Or I'm gonna burn through NPC's like there's no tomorrow. That's what the Filthy Whores there for though right? At least I hope so. For all I know they could ram the thing into the ground, or more likely get themselves killed anyways. We shall see. Anyways, the name is in homage to another vessel from another time and place. There's actually a prize bounty for whomever can figure out where it's from so I won't reveal anymore here. But I think I'm going to try and get someone to draw her. I couldn't do it very well, so I think I'll ask some of my artiste friends.


I had the annoying misfortune of picking yet another drier that doesn't actually dry your clothes. Which sucks since each load costs $1.50 to run! I'd be in bed now if it weren't for all the clothes spread around and hanging that are trying to dry out. Stupid machines! Do your freakin' jobs!

On to more pressing matters: I'm tired. I'm about to go to bed. Have to get up early to go visit all my friends at their workplaces. Happy funtimes! On another note, I have a new Hobgoblin goblet style glass. It's pretty sweet.

Go Iraq for having elections, good luck to the country.

My spaceheater trying to dry my clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home