Friday, June 15, 2007

C.I.T.'s reign supreme!

So's I'm back in the town of beans, and I've been working up a bit of a storm. The afterschool program stuff is winding down, and camp is revving up to go. I've got some ideas and a general outline of what I want to do with my CITs now, and I've made some good contacts at other camps with whom to swap info and compare notes. For those of you who don't know or are confused I'm the CIT Program Director now. This morning we were actually on site at camp getting some more work down there and things are looking good. We even got suprise visitors! People we hadn't seen in a long time which was cool. We're in good shape there over all. If only the damn Tee-Pee would show up.

Then there's the paper side of it and that's almost a walking nightmare. It's also the reason I haven't made it home before ten every night this week until today. I don't mind, not at all. I could use the money, I've got stuff that needs getting done, and if I'm able to help out someone else (namely my boss, not my brother but his boss) that's a good thing too. It should be a good summer though, most of the crew we have are very dedicated and almost everyone is a returning Wakanda veteran. There's 'Hollywood' who I think I might deck before the summer ends, and a girl I find abrasive as all hell... let's call her 'Nails' for these purposes, but other than that I think the staff is awesome. And the boss is on our side since she understands that Wakanda is the greatest place ever to exist.

It helps that she fully supports the anti camp rotary fervor we're kicking up.

Now... I say I might hit Hollywood, but other people tell me he's almost a different person up at camp and that he's a lot better. For now though just about everything about him ticks me the hell off. His nickname is Hollywood for gods sake! That says a lot about him actually. If I don't kill him, I'm at least going to grind his glasses and blackberry under my heel.

Wait, this is the first night I've had a bit of free time at all. Why the hell am I inside?!? On that note! Bye!

Now let's see if I can track someone down...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home