Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fluff!

Okay, I have to throw something up here. I'm back from the trip and it was lots of fun, but I don't have time to go into it at present. Lots of busy! For now, here's some filler that sort of follows the theme of Lent which has begun now in the Christian world. It came to my attention from a 'quote-of-the-day' mailing list I have as of yet not removed myself from. Sometimes I get stuff like this though, it's kind of strange. Oh, and I have given up eating the flesh of mammals this year as well, it should prove to be interesting.

Feast of Chad, Abbot of Lastingham, Bishop of Lichfield, Missionary, 672

God is always present and always working towards the life of the soul and its deliverance from captivity under flesh and blood. But this inward work of God, though never ceasing or altering, is yet always and only hindered by the activity of our own nature and faculties, by bad men through their obedience to earthly passions and by good men through their striving to be good in their own way, by their natural strength and a multiplicity of holy labours and contrivances. Both these sorts of people obstruct the work of God upon their souls. For we can cooperate with God no other way than by submitting to the work of God, and seeking, and leaving ourselves to it.

-William Law

Until I get around to updating again, that's about it. Eventually I'll write about the travesty that was the Olympics in regards to Mens Hockey. You'd think that between the U.S. and Canada, that one of them would win a medal. Bronze at least! Gah! At least the Women's teams weren't such a let down, I got to win two medals there.

I guess I should also mention right now that I plan to go to the Toronto Rock game tomorrow, word to the nosebleed seats and all that of course, so if anyone's interested let me know!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
-Winston Churchill

The longer the night lasts, the more our dreams will be.
-Chinese Proverb

5 Comments:

At 2/3/06 6:30 PM, Blogger Sunita said...

I kinda am interested. But two things are sort of stopping me.
1)Money
2)Goodness those seats are so high.*feels woozy at the memory of the last time we sat up high*

I'm free to do something after the game is over. =)

 
At 2/3/06 6:34 PM, Blogger Jaecyn said...

I'll bring binoculors or something so you can zoom in and not feel so high!

Does anyone have binoculors I can borrow?

 
At 2/3/06 10:53 PM, Blogger AP said...

You know what I miss?

...

Sports.

*goes crazy*

 
At 3/3/06 11:52 AM, Blogger AP said...

Well, what the heck...a lacrosse game has got to be more fun than most of my Friday nights.

 
At 3/3/06 12:48 PM, Blogger Sunita said...

haha. Sorry no lacrosse for me. But I told you I'm still free for the hanging out after.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home