Thursday, February 07, 2008

I've got guns & Jutsus

Your Move Games was pretty full today. Got to teach a guy how to play UFS, and got a few real matches in as well which was welcome. I cannot lie, there was indeed a whole lot of pokemon being played amongst a few DS systems there, at least they showed me a way to hatch my egg easily. Now I need to catch like five more.

Gotta catch 'em all.

Next Sunday we're having a pre-release at the store though for the two new sets of UFS. Maybe now people will stop whining if they lose to me. Fairs fucking fair, in Toronto I was better than Tyler and Christian. And Tyler could put up one hell of a fight. Everyone else (except for a certain Kyo deck that my Ken could occasionally pull off a win against) pwned my ASS hardcore.

Here Steve's my competition really if I'm playing one of my better decks (namely Ken, Rock, or Adon) but we've got a host of newbies, at least two maybe three who are just picking it up so they'll be able to duke it out with one another with some level of parity. As for the other three guys who have been playing for a while... they've got to drop the damn two checks, learn what card advantage means, and stop complaining about cards they don't have. They've got cards I don't have too. Grah. Had a good throw down using my Astaroth against Chris' Terry deck today though. First round went to me after I managed to use my Astaroth's R: to spam attacks (I had three Floats running in my staging area... it was pretty) until I drew down into Demented Moon for the win. We were at 4 and 5 life each so it was close. The second match was equally close, I couldn't draw enough attacks to finish him off, and he nailed me with a Buster Wolf, juiced up with its Powerful, and following a Fierce Determination (which I traded him in the first place) as the finishing touch.

The third game saw me with a starting hand of Demented Moon, Lost Memories, Experienced, Legendary Blade, Float Like a Butterfly, and False Contrition. Oh yeah. I can deal with that. A first turn Float always makes my job easier, the lost memories slowed him up (that Terry runs Float off All) and experienced is good in my deck. A two drop to follow Float and Legendary Blade that helps me play a lot of my cards was great, especially since I made every check and had Astaroth available to let me throw down Lost Memories the first turn as well. Three foundations is a solid start any day. But chucking in an asset like Legendary Blade made me feel good things about the coming third round. Even better was on my next draw I picked up two Made Not Born, another Lost Memories, and a Beginners Luck. Fucking sweet. Four or five turns later, with a Gyulkus and a Dirty Pool in play, I played a twenty one point unblockable Demented Moon for the win. I like my Astaroth. His job is to survive until he can bring all his guns to bear and take out the trash. Luckily he's got the vitality to pull it off most of the time.

Work was interesting. Not much to say. We have one prick of a child in our program, but he can be dealt with. Kids watched The Gameplan today, no one spotted Emily, but they weren't looking all that hard I'm sure. Other than that, I'm not really all that interesting tonight.

Well since I'm pretty much done with this post, time to kick Steve out of my room and shut guitar hero off for the night.

Nautical Disaster - The Tragically Hip

3 Comments:

At 7/2/08 8:27 AM, Blogger AP said...

Anyway, Susan, if you like, our conversation is as faint a sound in my memory as those FINGERNAILS scratching on my hull...

 
At 10/2/08 7:06 PM, Blogger Sunita said...

Remi! I'm glad you're posting again. Anyway, can you send me an email so I know which addy to contact you at. I only have your msn one (which I think you don't use) and your university one which I don't know if you check...it's just about Prof B's retirement party.

 
At 15/2/08 2:48 AM, Blogger Jaecyn said...

Hey Sunni! Utor will get to me, and you're correct in that I don't check my hotmail at all.

... Alicia I'm missing something...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home