Monday, November 15, 2004

It's early outside

People who hit late in a game like rugby are not nice people. I hesitate to even call them people. That sort of utter rubbish puts people in the hospital. It's a damn good thing we have two guys on our team who are six months away from adding MD to their signature and that the trainer we had at the game was top notch. Adam (Proctor) could barely remember his name for the first few minutes he was lying there. No one even saw what happened because he'd passed the ball and it was on the other side of the field, completely out of the play when he was taken out. There's no reason to do that to a guy at all especially when it could have lasting effects. We didn't even know who did it, no one was looking at who wasn't in the play, it so we couldn't respond in kind to the bastard. What dirty team.

Anywho, we lost in a hard fought game. Their prop was a lot bigger then me, and he knew damn well what he was doing. During the half my lock, flanker, and I had a little pow-wow and came up a plan to stop eight hundred pounds across from us from wheeling our scrum. We got it it the second half and pushed them back once. Just once but it suprised them as much as it did us. I think I'm shorter now though. Those shoulder pads some guys have are looking like a pretty nice idea now. My shoulders are a lovely purple from the scrums, my neck has stiffened from when I picked the guy off the ground and through him out of bounds right before the try line, and I felt my shoulder pop out and and back in on a different tackle. And I'm in better shape then a lot of the guys on both sides who came off the field. The only two teams we lost to this year are the two in the finals though so we technically take 3rd place again this year since St. Mikes, the other team in the playoffs had one more tie then we did. So yeah! We wanted more though.

So I've started my X-mas shopping. Hard this year. I have four people who I don't have a clue what to get them. This is not good. Katy is enforcing a limit to what we can get each other so since what I was going to get her is a bit over that I have to come up with something new. Oh well, I'll probably get it anyways and make up a sale. Unless I can actually get it on sale, that would be nice. I've got ebay going full throttle again too! Hopefully I can get my brother what I'm bidding on but I don't think I'm going to win this one. Damn it! Oh well, the stuff I want for myself no one else is bidding on so I think I'll win that one for dirt cheap but that doesn't help anybody else on my list. Curses.

Okay, I need the hot warmth of the shower... it hurts. A lot.

Sensation - The Who's Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home