Friday, December 24, 2004

PRESENTS!

Yes the title is in caps, why you ask? Because it's exciting! In my family we begin opening presents before X-mas so I've already got some (four total) as of right now. Why? Ostensibly its so that on X-mas day there is enough time to open all of our presents before Adam and I get picked up by our father to go to his house for, you guessed it, more presents. Now with Emily a lot of it has to do with us just wanting to open presents. We've got it pretty good.

Now the reason it might take time to open presents, because I'm sure your wondering how this could be since most people go nuts and tear into them (ah how I've dreamed...) is simple. It's not that we have overwhelming numbers of gifts, its that we open them one at a time. There's a rotation. This is so the other four family members can sit surrounded by their unopened gifts and watch the other one take an excruciatingly long time to open theirs. And then talk about it, have it explained to them, or otherwise convince the unconvincable giver that they actually like it. This as you could see, takes a fair amount of time. With the opening of them earlier it doesn't feel so painful when you're just waiting for one to open, or better yet are one of the early ones and can look/play with your present while everyone else opens theres. Sort of. We started opening presents yesterday, basically when my brother got home. Usually the normal thing to do is to open one a day. This year however its worked out that we've opened two both days.

Yesterday I got a Nerf football from Emily, who could barely contain herself with her desire to give the presents to everybody that she got them (so we let her of course). And I got the collectors box set of the Babylon 5 movies. 'Legend of the Rangers' is strangely absent from the five disc set, yet it has 'The Gathering' which wasn't a movie really. It was the pilot episode. Regardless I've finally seen 'A Call to Arms' all the way through and watched the directors commentary for 'In the Beginning,' which is my favorite of the movies. Peter Jurasik was just... awesome. That's really the only way to describe his performance in the movie. It's not that Andreas Katsulas (probably my favorite B5 actor) wasn't good in the movie, he's great, he just had a much smaller role, and Jurasik has Londo down to an art for this film.

You'd think 200 years from now people wouldn't be afraid of the dentist though. The amount of characters, especially humans, who have bad teeth...

Today I didn't do much other then watch B5 and the 'Faith Rewarded' video that Adam got yesterday. I opened a hoodie and a fountain. The hoodie is gray and either from abercombie or aeropostale, I can't remember and the fountain is a little black desk one with green, blue, and red lights that wink off and on. You'd think they'd just but all blue lights to create the soothing backdrop. It's an interesting little thing, the pump draws water up into what looks like a turbolift out of Star Wars or Star Trek and lets it pour back through about a dozen little streams to the 'floor' of the turbolift which is a silver wire mesh. It came with some counters (the little glass stones you see in fish tanks a lot) to decorate it with but I think it might look better without them. We'll see. I wouldn't mind the different colors if they didn't blink in the same pattern. Maybe they'll grow on me. the jury is still out.

I'm still sick, and sickening my family members with my bodily machinations (my sneezes are dangerously loud and violent, nothing erupts thankfully but people still jump six inches when they occur), it'd be amusing if it weren't so painfull. My head still feels pinched and about to expload and every now and the the old dizziness comes a callin'. I feel better now then I have since it started so I see that as a good sign. Though I woke up this morning around seven not being able to breathe. I guess we'll see how tonight and tomorrow go. I'm ushering at church. I don't think poeple are going to want to get there programs from me but we'll see.

This is my longest post in a while.

The Present Re-Cap:
Nerf Football
B5 Movie Box Set
Gray Hoodie
Desktop Fountain

Sally Simpson - The Who's Tommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home