Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I waited till the end of the post to title it and now I'm mad!

I'm kinda liking this job. Closing sucks, but opening isn't all that bad. My feet, knees, and back are in sore shape after a while though. I'm thinking of investing in some Doctor Sholes or something, the floor is not... comfortable to stand on after 4 hours. And I work longer then four hours. Rushes can be not so much fun, but when you have one person and you get to chat it's sorta nice. I ran the cash today as well as the bagels so the other two women could bake all day. And salads are still stupid. I made not one but TWO 'New Wave Caesars'. The only thing resembling a caesar salad about it is the romain lettuse. It uses raspberry dressing, jeesh.

Maureen the manager/baker lady who I work with in the mornings, is pretty cool. She's big, Jamaican, and a sports fan so we have stuff to talk about. She's got a goofy side too which means when I screw up she doesn't mind too much. Belen is just a helper baker or something, and I didn't talk to her much since she wasn't ever in the front of the store.

I'm tired though the coffee in the morning helps. Free coffee. Thank god. I don't even abuse it! Man I so should. Damn I think I will! Next week I'll have to remember to let people know about Tuesdays and the dozen bagels for cheap, like $4.75 I think? Enh. Hey I also found out that we have a sort of subclub type dealio with cards and a hole-punch. It's your 'buy a dozen get one free deals'. Which makes sense since we sell bagels by the dozen. The cards confused the hell out of me at first though. Here's how it works. They have a giant stack gathered together by means of an elastic. On each card is someone's hand written name. Which means I can barely read it of course. That handwriting was bad. Very very so unbelievably bad. On each card, you punch the hole. You have to get there name, shuffle through the deck (to all you nay-sayers out there, geek skills be rockin' at this job!) and punch the thing while they look on in abject amusement/wait impatiently for you to help them with there bagel. Did I mention that making the salads suck? I hate those things! I'd rather get my fingerprints scalded off by the soup and the omelette bowls then make those things.

Speaking of club card things! Why the hell is Subway, that titan of flavorful goodness and bringer of extra special footlong joy into my life, GETTING RID OF THE SUBCLUB CARDS! Those stamps fed me for a week once damn it! I mean it's awesome! Hell half the time people collect the stamps only because they can. And go eat at a Subway over other places so they can GET stamps. WHY OH WHY! I'm pissed now! I'm ending this post I'm so mad!

Jesus' Brother Bob - The Arrogant Worms

1 Comments:

At 14/5/05 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JR phone home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home