Sunday, May 08, 2005

Pooped...

I'm worn out. Last night was a lot of good fun, lasagna, cakes, and oh the wine. Lots and lots of wine. Unfortunately, wine does NOT put me to sleep. And that's no good when your getting up at 7:00a.m. to make sure you have clothes for the work day. Yeah, I was a mess for a while this morning. But I got to work on time and better yet, in working order. And I only made about three or four mistakes all day. Which I didn't think was all that bad. It's mothers day thought, so say thanks to your moms out there. A LOT of families came through the place so it got busy. So busy we had to keep it open an extra half hour just to clean up. Vanessa's very nice and cut me some slack I think. Or it could be that I have no idea what I'm doing. Yep, probably that. One guy at about 11:30 or so, so pretty early into my foray in no-mans-land, went nuts because I gave him the wrong cream cheese. Apparently he'd asked for lox cream cheese, and I happily spread lox cream cheese all over the bagel. When he complained, my manager pointed out his error, I showed him the tub, with the little pieces of fish in the cheese with the herbs that go with it, and he got angrier. I think he thought that a lox flavored cream cheese was going to not be mostly cream cheese, and be mostly fish. As he stormed out of the place cursing us for 'misrepresenting' what we were selling (it does say 'lox flavored cream cheese on the sign, not creamed lox cheese) all I could do was turn to the next customer in line, and my embarassed boss, and say, "if he'd asked for lox, I could have given it to him." My boss was aghast until the woman burst out laughing, apparently he's known for being a stooge of sorts. we do actually have fish to put on the sandwhiches. So there mystery man. So there.

It turns out we're the only bagel place in the area. And on the opposite corner... is the Jewish Community Center. Yeah... so... busy...

I think after Maria leaves I'll post about her departure. She's got herself a hot date though right now, up the CN Tower and dinner at some ritzy place I'm sure (Ian'll do well, his new girlfriend is leaving after all). Have I mentioned how unbelievable cute those two are as a couple? No? Consider it mentioned.

Now it's time for food (Ben cooked!) and the Bosox (so far the cable isn't out yet)! Booyah!

Dirty Water - Dropkick Murphys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home