Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Hear my excuses first

Yes this is the first blog in a LONG time. And the reason is quite simple, you see I've been having so much fun over the last two or more weeks that I just couldn't find the time to explain all of my good fortune!

Yeah right. In another bleedin' universe maybe.

I unofortunately have had not so good weeks. Though recently the turn around has been making me feel a bit better. The working and class sort of tire me out, so that's part of an excuse to not post. What made me want to avoid posting like I want to avoid syphalis was everything else.

May: Red Sox get swept.
Katy and Jae break up
Jae gets jumped on the way home by high school idiots.
Jae has a mild concussion so he can't go to sleep.
Jae has to open the store, and stay until about 10:30 when his boss comes.
Jae goes to clinic, is told that he should be okay, and that he can get some sleep.
Jae collapses into sleep
Work next day still sucks
Police never even end up showing, and they WERE called.

Those stupid ass kids. The fight happens as follows:

Jae is walking home, head down, sort of dejected, not in a very happy state of affairs. You may even say he's upset. Decides that he just wants to go to bed, remembers that he has to get up and open tomorrow, and says what the hey, I'll go to 7-E and buy some milk for cornflakes, at least I'll have a good breakfast tomorrow, and the extra walk will help. So he passes his building and keeps going. At the end of the block, he crosses the street, only to be grabbed by the vest, punched in the head, and pushed against the light pole there.

Yep, out of the blue, no provocation, other then the other two kids in the background egging him on. Just, punch, ow, and now I'm a wee bit dizzy. I said something along the lines of, 'Dude, you don't want to do this with me right now, not tonight.' And he tried to hit me again.

It's really amazing how crystal clear everything gets when you have that much adrenaline, rage, and aggression built up inside of you. I remember I blocked the punch (my arm hurt for a day and a half after) and I remember punching him in the solar plexus area. It didn't much matter as I then proceeded to lay on the hurt. A piece of advice to anyone stupid enough to want to pick a fight with a perfect stranger on a darkened streetcorner: learn how to fight first. This kid was bad. After I had knocked the wind out of him, I just started hitting him wherever he didn't put his arms, face, stomach, nose, ribs, and so on. I just held him up and beat on him. After his friends stopped cheering for him and got quiet I hit him as hard as I could in the face. I'm surprised I didn't break my hand but I did split my knuckle open, and his eyebrow. He fell, started to get up and of course I kicked him as hard as I could in the torso. After that all I did was sort of pick him up and push him at his friends who I think I scared the hell out of. I said something like 'get the fuck out of here I don't want to deal with you shits' and walked away to Maggie and Beccas place. Total amount of time from start to finish? Probably about 45 seconds. Man I was so pissed off. My hands hurt, my head hurt, I was bleeding, and still pissed off and charged with energy. I sat myself down after the first dizzy spell though.

Stupid people suck. Maggie and Becca were cool though, let me clean up at their place, walked with me to campus police, subway, and stayed up to help keep me from falling asleep. Ben yelled at me because he'd already written out my wedding speech, and Emily of course showed me her pinky (she cought it in a swing and broke it, yes it's as dumb as it sounds). I still get mad thinking about those idiots. AHHH! At least I got a lot of anger out on him.

Later I would find out all sorts of bad. Not all of it's all that important, but little things have not been going my way. Also, Brian and Nicole had a break up (they're back together again, again), Alex and Sunita break up, and Dan and Vanessa also separate. What the hell. Why did I stay here for a summer. Craig you're so lucky that you're not here for me to rub all my bad luck off on you. That's all the detail I really want to go into now. This last week though has been getting good. I saw an awesome concert on Sunday after work, it was the Lord of the Rings soundtrack by Howard Shore, performed by a full symphony orchestra and choir. It was amazing. The soloists were spot on and the score is amazing anyways. There was a bit of sadness involved with the show itself and my being there but that's not my business to discuss and we had a good time anyways. Also, Futures Bakery, is an awesome place to eat late night on a Sunday.

New things going on, lets see.

The Star Wars RPG is on hiatus since not everybody can be in the same place at once right now. We'll start again with school I suppose.

Dundgeons and Dragons campaign with Becca, Ana, and Emily has started. Emily is an absolute fiend for roleplaying now, it's a bit rediculous actually. Although she's not used to the concept of PC's actually being able to die, and wow does she let bad things happen to her. They seem to enjoy it though, and this is good, since this is my first DnD campaign as a DM. Matt, be proud, I'm using a lot of your old tricks (at least I'm on the other side of them now), and man am I glad I read a lot of books. At least...oh 45% of my material is so not my own. Sweet.

GURPS is going strong again, and Simone del Forcina de la Castille is doing just fine. Has won two duels of honor, helped his fellow shipmates out several times, saved the prince, and is slowly reclaiming the honor of the Castille family which was so wrongfully taken away. We won't discuss the other 'conquest' of course as it is ungentleman like, but one of those duels was a result of such a misunderstanding. He just got a new sword and is slowly developing his latent skills in magic (again a result of the 'conquest, twice over'...this campaign is so wrong). For the Spanish crown, Honor, and an earnest desire to kill a dog of a man named Edward Grizzleby!

Okay, time for bed. I work Wednesdays now.

No music right now. Sleepy time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home