Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sci Fi Saturday is Born

So since poll has been up for the last bit, I haven't been posting to keep it at the top. I HAVE had stuff to post about though, so I've been saving it! This one is going to be LONG folks. I fully expect and support your expected reading of this post buffet style.


It's down to the two:
Current Battlestar Galactica: Season One
Babylon 5: Season One
ENDS 3/10/05 5:00PM

The others to receive votes were; the Dune Miniseries (1), Firefly (2), Serenity (1), Deep Space Nine (1), Enterprise (1), and Stargate SG1 (1). Better luck next time.

On Saturday, those who arrive at 2:00 PM immediately prior to the shows start will be eligible to win via draw-out-of-a-hat method, a door prize! The door prize will have some relation to show which is selected to air, and will be extra special, because it will be given with love.

SciFi Saturday's Schedule: Pirates Code in Effect

10:00 AM = Meet at/for Dimsum
1:00 PM = SFS Dominion supermarket supply run leaves from 666 Spadina.
2:00 PM = Door Prize Draw!
2:01 PM = Chosen SciFi Begins in 511 at 666 Spadina.

6:00 PM = Hour break for dinner, stretching, bathrooms, more supplies, sex, whatever you need.
7:01 PM = SFS continues.
10:00 PM or closest roundoff = Chosen SciFi ends for the week
10:30 PM = Meet for intellectual discussion about recently viewed SciFi over alcohol and/or food.

In other news, I haven't posted in a while. The World Baseball Classic is in full swing, and Canada, upset the U.S.A. by defeating them recently. One of my all time favorite players ever even hit a grande slam (Jason Varitek, watch it here) during a very strange, surreal game it seams (an inside the park home run?!?). The good news is, Adam Sterns will be on the Red Sox, which right now is a very good thing!

By the way, can anyone out there what the
hell Kasey Olenberger is doing on team ITALY? I'm lost. Olenberger? Um... Italy? Huh? What's really amusing is looking at team Italy's roster. Did you know that Houston, Staten Island, Long Beach or Miami were part of Italy! I sure didn't! Cool! I mean, at least the Netherlands pretended to care about actually having Dutch members of the team. The Netherland Antilles, Netherland Curacao.... I guess that's what being a one time colonial power will get you. I wonder if the Portuguese could use Brazillians?

And this article by Wayne Drehs of ESPN is pretty good too.


In other news, I have my starbucks reveiw coming up. Arrrg. Not really looking forward to that at all.

And doesn't out there want to live with Melissa and I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home