Friday, March 10, 2006

A very odd week indeed.

So the final votes have been tallied, and it looks like Battlestar Galactica Season One has been chosen. So the door prize to be given with joy shall pertain to BSG. I wonder what it will be?



The final score:







Selection
Votes
Current Battlestar Galactica: Season One 60%6
Babylon 5: Season One 40%4
10 votes total

Thanks to everyone who participated in the domocratic process!



So, onwards and upwards.

Note: The dimsum to be had, is at a restaurant on Spadina Ave. It is on the west side around Dundas. It has a big yellow banner that reads (in red letters); "NOW SERVE DIMSUM" It's hard to miss!

Again;
SciFi Saturday's Schedule: Pirates Code in Effect

10:00 AM = Meet at/for Dimsum
1:00 PM = SFS Dominion supermarket supply run leaves from 666 Spadina.
2:00 PM = Door Prize Draw!
2:01 PM = Chosen SciFi Begins in 511 at 666 Spadina.

6:00 PM = Hour break for dinner, stretching, bathrooms, more supplies, sex, whatever you need.
7:01 PM = SFS continues.
10:00 PM or closest roundoff = Chosen SciFi ends for the week
10:30 PM = Meet for intellectual discussion about recently viewed SciFi over alcohol and/or food.

So for those of you who bothered to read my postings before on the World Baseball Classic, I offer this question. WTF?!? happened here! You beat the U.S. of frakkin' A. only to get spanked in such a manner! Be ashamed! Go wallow in your superior beer in despair!

As of right now the same US team that lost to Canada, is doing to South Africa as I type this what Loxodonta africana
would do to a tomato upon sitting on it. It's 17 to nothing and it's the top of the fifth inning right now.

I found on Hasbro's sight, what may be the funniest thing ever. Go here and watch the instructional how to video. Go all the way through it. You watch that lightsaber duel! And then laugh as I did at what is basically Star Wars Minatures: Light. I can't quite make out if you actually attack and knock other figures down by shooting them with the spring-guns on the minis... Craig, some of those clone troopers look pretty cool though. You've been on a modelling kick as of late, mabe you could use these?

Speaking of models. This Battlecruiser can be purchased for me at anytime, by anyone. The cloaked one. Go ahead... please?

An update: I just checked in mid-post, and the RSA just got its first shutout inning in the game. It's now the bottom of the fifth. Crikey. The Bruins by the way are out to hurt my feelings I think. First Joe 'golden boy' Thornton, and now Sergei Samsonov. I'd link to the sites and bios, but its just too depressing. And we lost to the Canadiens so I've been having to listen to Leaf's fans whine about how their hopes for a playoffs berth is basically nothing but a pipe-dream now. Gorram it all.

I was taken out to lunch today by my boss at the school, in the old China Town. It was cool and nice of her but, somewhat dampend her telling me that my review was going to fall on the same day as my Starbucks one, and by Lent a suprising amount of beef and pork... and NO chicken, which is NOT a mammal Julia, to be found anywhere). God, I'm trying and all, but this season is going to kill me. Besides missing out on the bacon parties, I now have to explain to the Subway staff near my Starbucks why I haven't eaten anything other then a Tuna sub for the last week and a half. And why I'm not going there very much anymore either. I promised them that the monday after Easter I was going to be there. And that they'd better have my ham sub on wheat ready or I was going to jump the counter.

And my roommates are eating mammals all around me. Surrounded by temptation I am!

And now it's 5:01PM, so the voting is up and I want to go home now.

2 Comments:

At 11/3/06 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg...you're giving up meat for lent???
what?
what?
why?
what?

 
At 12/3/06 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what was the door prize??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home