Sunday, November 26, 2006

Hostage Phone Crisis '06

I did say I would post again so here it is. In the end I did get my onion bagel at Tim Horton's. Alas, they have no chive cream cheese so I had to opt for herb & garlic. Which wasn't so bad as an alternative really.

I haven't been posting much recently as was pointed out to me recently. There's a few reasons for this. The main one really being that I've been really busy with school. Lots of the papers and tests and whatnot. It's been a hard year back. Much harder than I thought it was going to be after the year off. Skills are definitely rusty. I'm doing much better now, and the winter semester will be a hell of a lot smoother for me but this early one was rough.



There I am now though. I've had me a bit of rest but I still have work to do. Fun fun.

The other reason I haven't posted in a while has to do with my phone. I still don't have one. It's absurd actually. Even thinking about it for a while just made me angry so I just didn't.

The stories short version runs as follows; I brought my phone into where I'd purchased it with my warrantee that I'd also purchased when I bought my phone. Nifty neh? So they guy takes it in, sets it up and says yep, cool this will work fine. They had a Purolater package going to the repair place leaving that night and he promised me it would go out. Should take a week or two. After a lot of bullshit and being told one thing or another I made it quite clear after three weeks that I would not accept 'come back next week' as an answer.

Enter me last Friday spending about four hours in the damn store not being happy. We've now topped a month. I had the regional manager in the store just to handle my case (the store clerks see me coming and scurry away in fear desperately looking for something to do so they don't have to deal with me). The very first person a month ago who took my phone in, screwed up. He shouldn't even have sent it away it turns out, not with the warrantee that I'd purchased. I should have just walked out of there with a shiny new phone right then and there. The kicker? The dude doesn't even work for the company anymore so I can't vent rage at the person responsible for getting my case stuck in a never ending loop of bureaucratic red-tape of doom. The manager guy was cool enough to give me a line over to the repair shop and let me yell at them since the store can't do anything without the damn thing and they're still holding it for 'appraisal'. I calmly explained (so I wasn't calm, but whatever) that the company trying to save a buck had now prevented me from having my phone for a full month, and that they needed to do something about it immediately.

It was a frustrating day. I leap back into the fray Monday, at noon, so if you're interested in ringside seats come on down. The Source, Eaton Centre, Toronto. I'm not leaving there without a phone. It has now been promised to me by several levels of management and I'm thinking of researching the legal areas as to when I'm entitled to my pound of flesh in compensation.

I freaking month of me walking down there to be told nothing useful. The Rage. Oh, the Rage.

That's where that stands now. Had an okay Thanksgiving. Dead bird was eaten, cranberry sauce in can shape was observed, and I got a nifty package from home with gravy mix, stuffing, and corn muffin ingredients to go with the thanksgiving themed napkin and muffin holders. Huzzah!

I want my phone back.


October - Captain Tractor

1 Comments:

At 27/11/06 6:14 AM, Blogger Jaecyn said...

It always amazes me when people who didn't grow up with lots of snow, who have still lived in places with snow for four years are still made giddy by the snowings.

Then again, I've always liked snow too and I grew up with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home