Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I'm so dead, but I need sleep!

Alright, the essay is cruisin' now which is good. I've got about two pages down and a working outline to continue. My biggest problem right now is boiling down the disturbing amount of information I have into coherant thoughts, arguments, and ideas without going off on tangents. Which is hard since in almost every source I have the author somehow manages to do so repeatedly. It is however nearly 4a.m., my eyes are watering, more tea will make me throw up/destroy my digestive tract, and my computer is rebooting itself now. I like that about Wedge, he's not one to sit back and take the abuse and punishment until he breaks, au contraire! He has no qualms about shutting himslef down for a few seconds in order to tell me to go to bed and let him rest. And to tell me that that last page I'd written and not saved wasn't anygood and I didn't need it anyhow. And low and behold! The autosave didn't catch it, it was currupted data and quite worthless! YES! I just love this whole school thing! Woot woot!

[uncontrolable sobbing starts now]

Okay, that's better.

Wedge's fan is making odd noises. Hmm... think I should clean it out soon. Anyways it is almost four and though Katy has threatened me with death if I didn't have five pages done by morning I need to sleep on the info running through my head, also the ipod she leant me was running low on the batteries, and I didn't want to have it all used up when I give it back to her. It helped a lot though I still don't like some of her music at all. Oh well, I know where the next button is without looking.


Oh, so after two and one half days of charging I managed to ressurect Winter back from the dead. The poor little palm pilot has sever amnesia though and has forgotten everything. Which really sucks. A lot. Damn. At least my chronograph is back and I can stop not knowing what time it is. And for everyone with a crappy monitor, I feel your pain. Literally. Dack makes my eyes feel like they're going to bleed. Actually the only hardware working right at all is Jek! And he's the fat lasy printer! Well, poor Biggs hasn't been used (no time for games :'( I can't wait to start blowing up things again when shcool ends!) so I'm not counting him, but he's probably working fine.

For those of you very lost right now, I name my nice electronicy things, and if you don't know where the names come from I'll be only too happy to let you know! They are as follows;

Wedge - My intrepid computer
Zev - Monitor
Biggs - Joystick
Jek - The fatty fat fat lazy mclaziness printer
Winter - Palm Pilot
Tyree - The under-appreciated N64
Ooryl - External hardrive
The Solo Kids - Walkie-talkies (yes there are three)
Nawar'aven - The T.V. (of joy!)
Threepio - VCR
Jan - The Nintendo DS

I think that's all of them, though if anyone reminds me of one I should have mentioned, trust me they all have names and the names all have reasons. Read the title banner again, you'll notice being a 'geek' is right after my declaration of being 'male'. This is what I do in my spare time. Shut up, it's normal! I'll leave you with Free Yo'Self by Captain Tractor:

We were born to be wild we were born to smell the roses
Not to kiss some deadbeat's butt or pick their noses
We were born to run free through the hills and through the valleys
We were born under blue skies not concrete alleys

We were born to be wild
We were born to be free
Come with me

We'll be shrivelled in a chamber with the sunlight blotted out
Feast on true winds no need to find out
We've got fire in our veins we've got piss and vinegar
We've got blood sweat and tears and apple pie

We've boxed ourselves in four blank walls
We've put ourselves on wheels
We listen for the spiteful calls of hounds at our heels
I don't believe in prefab souls
I don't believe in hate
My world is made of passion and the fires of fate

So let's get up off our asses
Take the blinders off our eyes
Grab a chance before it passes
To live beyond the lies
We were born to fall in love we were born to be lovers
Just to live is not enough
You've got to love one another

Gotta free yo'self

You've gotta:
Break the chains
Break the rules
Get it right
Go to school
Bake a cake
Milk a cow
Scratch my back (I'll show you how)
Zone right out and
Float in space
Shake your butt all over the place
Put your doubts up on the shelf
Take off your clothes
FREE YO'SELF

No Roads Here - Corb Lund Band (Katy's music remember?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home